June 29 - July 6, 2014
September 21 - 28, 2014
Standing at the Clan Fraser grave stone at Culloden Battlefield in 2002, I wondered why there was no tour to connect Diana Gabaldon's fans with the beautiful story of Jamie and Claire, as well as the haunting history and dramatic beauty of the country. When I returned home I searched the internet for such a tour and found none; I decided to write my own, and the Outlander Tour® was born.
The Outlander Tour isn't just a tour - it's a travel experience. It takes you to places that make the story come to life. If the thought of walking in the footsteps of the characters gives you chills, this tour is for you. Become so immersed in it that you hear gunfire on the battlefield and feel the overwhelming sorrow of dreadful massacre.
For a first-time visitor to Scotland, this is a comprehensive overview of the Highlands; for those who are returning, you'll see secret places and magical sites that are off the beaten path and that will paint a new portrait of Scotland for you.
So, join us... take a step
back in time with us...
Deluxe, fully-escorted 7-night journey into the magical world of Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall who were created by the incredible talent and imagination of Diana Gabaldon.
Climb to the standing stones at "Craigh na Dun" and travel back in time to 1746 and the Battle of Culloden. See the ruined cottage where Jamie and Claire said their tearful goodbye as he faced certain death on the battlefield. Sleep surrounded by the aura of the Jacobites, in the manor house where 18 wounded soldiers hid after the battle and were captured and shot -- "except for one of them, a Fraser of the Master of Lovat's regiment" and see the attic where Jamie killed Dougal! Visit Clava Cairns to learn the mysteries of ancient civilizations and their standing stones and attempt your own journey through them. Experience the breathtaking Recumbent Stone Circles of Northeast Scotland and a visit to Castle Fraser, where a portrait of "Jamie" hangs in surroundings of mesmerizing 18th-century elegance.
Search for the Marriage Stone and Black Jack's grave at St Kilda Cemetery and view the remains of Broch Tuarach from the mountains overlooking Broch Mordha.
Wander the streets of old Edinburgh in search of Carfax Close and the print shop owned by A. Malcolm. Sleep surrounded by the aura of Bonnie Prince Charlie, and join in our personal tribute to the Jacobites who fought and lost the battle at tremendous cost to the Highland clans.
Cruise on Loch Ness with a sharp eye in search of the Waterhorse. Spend a day on Edinburgh's Royal Mile, with a visit to the famous Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, where Jamie and Claire beseeched the Prince to abandon his hopeless cause. Enjoy the special presentation of a Scottish historian and bring an 18th-century costume for an evening of time travel and mystery. Come back in time with us, and bring your Outlander fantasies to life!
Also: Book discussion, master trivia contest, prizes and surprises. A week that you'll never forget!
A Few Highlights:
- Inverness, where the adventure unfolds at Mrs. Baird's in 1945
- The Standing Stones, where we step back in time
- Isle of Skye
- "St Kilda's Kirk" where Claire discovers the marriage stone
- The View of Broch Tuarach, "Lallybroch" near the small village of Broch Mordha
- Culloden Battlefield, and the farmhouse where Jamie and Claire said goodbye
- Castle Leod (Leoch), seat of Clan Mackenzie, private tour with the Ancestral Clan Chief
- Urquhart Castle where Claire and Frank picknicked
- Cruise on Loch Ness to 'Search for the Waterhorse'
- Dunottar Castle
- Castle Fraser, a Fraser of Lovat castle dating back to the 15th Century
- Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- Ensuite accommodations in 4-star properties
- Full Scottish breakfast daily (Continental breakfast in Edinburgh)
- Three 3-course dinners, including gourmet dinner at Culloden House
- An evening with a Jacobite soldier
- Cruise on Loch Ness
- Private tour of Culloden Battlefield
- Private tour of Castle Leod with 28th Ancestral Clan Chief of Clan Mackenzie
- Private tour of Castle Fraser
- Professional Blue Badge Guide throughout
- Entrance fees into all sites listed
- Tax of 20%
- June 29 $3,295.00 per person, double occupancy / $800 single supplement
- September 21 $3,295.00 per person, double occupancy / $800 single supplement
- Single travelers have the option of sharing a room with other singles (if available) to offset the single supplement, but this is solely at the discretion of the travelers and not the responsibility of Celtic Journeys.
- Reservations require a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 per person. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and checks are accepted forms of payment. Balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Airfare is not included; Celtic Journeys can make your arrangements for you with no booking fees.
- Tour begins in Glasgow and ends in Edinburgh; additional hotel nights in both cities are available at reduced rates; booking service is complimentary.
- To book your space or for additional information, contact Judy Lowstuter at email@example.com or call (703) 941-6455 .
- Tour is limited to 16 guests. All tours operate unless there is a natural disaster, airline strike, or travel warning of imminent danger.
Cancellation insurance is available to protect against cancellation penalties:
- 60 days or more prior to tour date full refund less deposit
- 59-30 days prior to tour date 50% refund less deposit
- 29-15 days prior to tour date 25% refund less deposit
- Cancellations of 14 days or less, no refund