December 29, 2017 to January 4, 2018
6 nights - Fully Escorted Tour
What are you doing New Year’s Eve?
Ring in the New Year in Scottish tradition with the warmth and enchantment of a true Highland Celebration. Spend three nights in the classically elegant Culloden House and three nights at the Principal Edinburgh George Street (formerly The George Hotel). Ceilidh music and dancing, fine food, and charming atmosphere make this a magical holiday!
- Private transfer from Edinburgh Airport to city center
- Deluxe en suite accommodations in 4-star properties
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- Three 3-course gourmet dinners
- Private holiday luncheon at Castle Fraser in the 18th-century dining room
- Private tour of Castle Fraser
- Afternoon Tea – New Year’s Eve
- Champagne Reception – New Year’s Eve
- Highland Ghost Storyteller – New Year’s Eve
- Hogmanay Gala – Dinner / Scottish Country Dancing
- Highland Day Tour
- Traditional Scottish Entertainment
- Edinburgh Christmas Village
- Deluxe motor coach transportation
- Professional Blue Badge Guide
- Entry fees
- Tax of 20%
- $3,195 per person, double occupancy (two guests sharing one room). Single supplement is $900. Single travelers have the option of sharing a room with other singles (if available) to offset this supplement, but this is solely at the discretion of the travelers and not the responsibility of Celtic Journeys.
- Reservations require a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, and checks payable to Celtic Journeys are accepted forms of payment. Balance is due 60 days prior to departure, at which time penalties apply. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- Airfare is not included; Celtic Journeys can make your arrangements for you with no booking fees. Tour begins and ends in Edinburgh; additional hotel nights at the beginning and end of the tour are available at reduced rates; booking service is complimentary.
- To book, or for additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (703) 941-6455. Tour is limited to 16 guests. Tours are never cancelled except in the event of a natural disaster, airline strike, or travel warning of imminent danger.
Cancellation insurance is available to protect against cancellation penalties:
- 60 days or more prior to tour date full refund less deposit
- 59-30 days prior to tour date 50% refund less deposit
- 29-15 days prior to tour date 25% refund less deposit
- Cancellations of 14 days or less, no refund
"If you haven't reserved your spot for Judy's Hogmanay Tour, DO IT NOW! If you're of Scottish ancestry, or a lover of Scottish culture, you must celebrate the New Year in Scotland in proper Highland style.
We joined Judy for her Hogmanay 2010 tour and had an absolutely wonderful time. While it’s obviously not prime tourist time, and with some sites and venues closed down for the season, Judy nonetheless gave us a full schedule of sightseeing and day trips, including castles, picturesque towns and villages, shops and historic sites. I especially enjoyed Clava Cairns and Culloden Battlefield where the presence of the ancestors is almost palpable.
The highlight of the trip was, of course, the Hogmanay Gala. Culloden House is a gem, from the building itself (almost a time machine), to its rooms and staff and food. The New Year’s Eve dinner, the music and dancing, and the camaraderie as the new year was piped in and the old bid adieu with Auld Lang Syne, were the stuff of magic. There’s one imperative for the men–take your kilt, or rent one, for the gala. You’ll be glad you did.
And I really can’t say enough about dear Judy, whose professionalism and personality made the tour such a pleasure. Traveling with her was like traveling with a beloved relative in her own neighborhood. Our tour guide, Alison, and our driver, Ian, were consummate professionals as well, and their services and friendliness added immeasurably to our enjoyment of the tour. You still have some time, so make your reservations now. You will not be sorry."
-- Alfie Roberts - New Jersey (Hogmanay Tour, 2010)