December 29, 2014 to January 4, 2015
6 nights - Fully Escorted Tour
Ring in the New Year in Scottish tradition with the warmth and enchantment of a true Highland Celebration. Three nights in the classically elegant Culloden House and three nights in Edinburgh. Ceilidh music and dancing, fine food, and charming atmosphere make this a magical holiday!
- Deluxe ensuite accommodations in 4-star properties
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- Champagne Reception
- Hogmanay Gala
- Three three-course gourmet dinners
- High Tea
- Pipers and Storytellers
- Highland Day Tour
- Edinburgh Christmas Village
- Authentic Scottish entertainment
- Private tour of Edradour Distillery
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- Professional Blue Badge Guide throughout
- Entrance fees
- Tax of 20%
- $2,895.00 per person, double occupancy (two sharing one room). Single supplement is $800.00 - Single travelers have the option of sharing a room with other singles (if available) to offset this supplement, but this is solely at the discretion of the travelers and not the responsibility of Celtic Journeys.
- Single supplement is $800.00 - Single travelers have the option of sharing a room with other singles (if available) to offset this supplement, but this is solely at the discretion of the travelers and not the responsibility of Celtic Journeys.
- Reservations require a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 per person. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, and checks are accepted forms of payment. Balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Airfare is not included; Celtic Journeys can make your arrangements for you with no booking fees.
- Tour begins and ends in Edinburgh; additional hotel nights in Edinburgh are available at reduced rates; booking service is complimentary.
- To book your space or for additional information, contact Judy Lowstuter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 941-6455.
- Tour is limited to 16 guests. All tours operate unless there is a natural disaster, airline strike, or travel warning of imminent danger.
Cancellation insurance is available to protect against cancellation penalties:
- 60 days or more prior to tour date full refund less deposit
- 59-30 days prior to tour date 50% refund less deposit
- 29-15 days prior to tour date 25% refund less deposit
- Cancellations of 14 days or less, no refund
"If you haven't reserved your spot for Judy's 2011 Hogmanay Tour, DO IT NOW! If you're of Scottish ancestry, or a lover of Scottish culture, you must celebrate the New Year in Scotland in proper Highland style.
We joined Judy for her Hogmanay 2010 tour and had an absolutely wonderful time. While it's obviously not prime tourist time, and with some sites and venues closed for the season, Judy nonetheless gave us a full schedule of sightseeing and daytrips, including castles, picturesque towns and villages, shops and historic sites. I especially enjoyed the Clava Cairns and the Culloden battlefield, where the presence of the ancestors is almost palpable.
The highlight of the trip was of course the Hogmanay Gala. The Culloden House is a gem, from the building itself (almost a time machine) to its rooms and staff and food. The New Year's Eve dinner, the music and dancing, and the camaraderie as the new year was piped in and the old was bid adieu with Auld Lang Syne were the stuff of magic. There's one imperative for the men- take your kilt outfit, or rent one, for the gala. You'll be glad you did.
And I really can't say enough about dear Judy, whose professionalism and personality made the tour such a pleasure. Traveling with her was like traveling with a beloved relative in her own neighborhood. Our tour guide, Alison, and our driver, Ian, were consummate professionals as well and their services and friendliness added immeasurably to our enjoyment of the tour. You still have some time, so make your reservations now. You will not be sorry."
-- Alfie Roberts - New Jersey (Hogmanay Tour, 2010)